GIS Ward Maps for Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad

Diogo Lemos

Oct 27, 2015, 8:27:53 AM10/27/15
to datameet
Hey,

I'm looking for GIS Maps for these three cities. So, if you have any pointers on this, please let me know. Also, I have already found wards maps for a couple of other metros, which I'm also happy to share if you're interested.

Dilip Damle

Jan 20, 2016, 12:52:51 PM1/20/16
to datameet
Hi,
I think if you have some data please share it.
There is no one person who may say I want it.
Go ahead and share it if there are no problems like copyright etc.
If anyone needs it he will use it.

Deepti Raj

Aug 6, 2016, 11:01:17 PM8/6/16
to datameet
Hello!
If you have the shapefile Kolkata and Ahmedabad, Plz share. I need it for my dissertation. It will be really appreciated. Thanks

Priyanshi Singh

Feb 1, 2017, 12:47:16 PM2/1/17
to datameet
Hi, can you share ward maps(shapefiles) for Ahmedabad and Delhi, If you have them . Thanks

Deepti Raj

Feb 1, 2017, 1:11:38 PM2/1/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priyanshi,
I have for Ahmadabad and Delhi but there is some problem with Ahmadabad as there are 64 wards in shapefile while census has about 56 wards. I you want I can share them.

Regards,
Deepti Raj
School of Public Policy & Governance
TISS Hyderabad

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Priyanshi Singh

Feb 7, 2017, 1:29:23 AM2/7/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepti,

Thank you for your response. It will be really helpful if you can share Data for Delhi. However, I will have Data for Ahmedabad wards in a day or two. I would be happy to share it if you need.

Best,
Priyanshi

Thejesh GN

Feb 7, 2017, 2:31:24 AM2/7/17
to data...@googlegroups.com

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Thejesh GN

Feb 7, 2017, 2:44:14 AM2/7/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Also I am in the early stage of build project website  http://projects.datameet.org/Municipal_Spatial_Data/

Inputs welcome. I want to make sure that its easy for everyone to find the maps and download them.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Deepti Raj

Feb 7, 2017, 1:37:57 PM2/7/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi priyanshi,
Please find attached ward map for Delhi (272 wards) and Ahmadabad. Do check Ahmadabad ward names as I could not use as it is different from census ward. I work on cities, if you have more cities shape-file I would be interested.

Regards,
Deepti Raj
School of Public Policy & Governance
TISS Hyderabad

Ahemedabad Shapefile.zip
delhiward.zip

Devdatta Tengshe

Feb 7, 2017, 11:48:21 PM2/7/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepti,

could you clarify what types of Wards these files contain? Are they the Census Enumeration wards? or the Municipal wards?

Regards,
Devdatta

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "datameet" group.

Deepti Raj

Feb 8, 2017, 8:03:52 AM2/8/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devdatta,
These are census enumerated wards. Delhi has 272. But I am not sure about Ahmadabad. It should be ideally census enumerated only but the shapefile has 64 while census has 57, if I am not mistaken. I got them through someone, so dont know why 64 wards.

Regards,
Deepti Raj
School of Public Policy & Governance
TISS Hyderabad

Priyanshi Singh

Feb 8, 2017, 10:22:16 PM2/8/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepti,

Thank you for the data on Delhi. By any chance do you have wards data for Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Hyderabad?

Best,
Priyanshi

Deepti Raj

Feb 11, 2017, 4:51:32 AM2/11/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priyanshi,
Sorry for the late reply. For Mumbai I have Municipal ward shapefile (24 wards) and not census ward shapefile. PFA the same.

Regards,
Deepti Raj
School of Public Policy & Governance
TISS Hyderabad

Mumbai.zip

gr...@snu.edu.in

Jul 6, 2017, 9:26:01 AM7/6/17
to datameet
Hi Deepti can you please send me the Ward shapefile of Ahmedabad.

Regards,
Devdatta

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Dilip Damle

Jul 7, 2017, 12:50:00 PM7/7/17
to datameet
HI,

I think this data is MCD wards Here is the data Superimposed on Google earth : Image 1

and MCD election results Image from this link http://www.hindustantimes.com/interactives/mcd-election-results-2017-data/ : Image 2

Please notice also that missing areas are NDMC and DELHI CANTT.

But the wards seem to be different internally in the two images So this could be an old Data.

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 6:33:52 PM UTC+5:30, Deepti Raj wrote:

Regards,
Devdatta

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---
image1.png
image2.png

Ankit Sagar

Sep 24, 2018, 8:14:05 AM9/24/18
to datameet
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 5:57:53 PM UTC+5:30, Diogo Lemos wrote:
Hey Digos, could you please share Ahmedabad ward file.

Shubham Singh

Sep 25, 2018, 6:54:14 AM9/25/18
to data...@googlegroups.com

Yes

Ankit Sagar

Sep 25, 2018, 8:40:05 AM9/25/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Please could you mail me the ward shp file of ahemdabad

Yes

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sharad Lele

Sep 25, 2018, 11:45:26 PM9/25/18
to datameet
May I request everyone who has ward boundaries to please upload them to the Github repository that Thejesh has created and repeatedly shared links for? That way, we don't have to keep making these individual requests, and the whole community has access to these datasets at any future point also. Please help build this common property resource.

Sharad

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:10:05 PM UTC+5:30, Ankit Sagar wrote:
Please could you mail me the ward shp file of ahemdabad

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Shubham Singh <singhshu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 at 17:44, Ankit Sagar <sagara...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 5:57:53 PM UTC+5:30, Diogo Lemos wrote:
> Hey,
>

> I'm looking for GIS Maps for these three cities. So, if you have any pointers on this, please let me know. Also, I have already found wards maps for a couple of other metros, which I'm also happy to share if you're interested.

Hey Digos, could you please share Ahmedabad ward file.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sharad Lele

Sep 25, 2018, 11:46:59 PM9/25/18
to datameet
Dilip,
I was going to ask you earlier: what is the difference between Census Wards and Municipal Wards? My understanding is that the wards are always the same, only Census Enumeration BLOCKS are unique to Census operations. They are tiny portions of each ward.

Sharad