Indian Elections 2014 - ECI Datasets

Pratap Vardhan

May 16, 2014, 1:49:51 PM5/16/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Do contribute with anything interesting you find with data.

This would be eventually moved to https://github.com/datameet/india-election-data

As of now, we have data for-
Candidate-wise votes list
Constituency-wise winners & runners list

Thanks
Pratap Vardhan

Devdatta Tengshe

May 17, 2014, 6:30:45 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Pratap,
thanks for sharing the script and the data.
I ran it this morning, and had to update a few things to get it to run on my windows machine, but otherwise it was a breeze.

There are many interesting facts in this dataset, and I hope to put out some interesting Maps and infographics based on it.

Now just waiting for the last two seats to be declared, so that we can run it on the final dataset.
Regards,
Devdatta

Ravi Krishnan

May 17, 2014, 7:44:56 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

All the sears have been declared. Can someone help by sharing link to the complete dataset?

Thanks and regards
Ravi

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Devdatta Tengshe

May 17, 2014, 8:01:24 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Here are the two files I've generated with updated code.

Regards,
Devdatta Tengshe
eci-candidate-wise.csv
eci-constituency-wise.csv

Pratap Vardhan

May 17, 2014, 8:26:53 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Added to https://github.com/datameet/india-election-data/tree/master/parliament-elections/election2014

Ravi Krishnan

May 17, 2014, 10:41:05 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for uploading this. But there is a small discrepancy. Data for 3 constituencies are missing - Bhandara-Gondiya, Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg, Bardhaman-Durgapur.

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Krishnan

Mint
Tower 3, 9th Floor, India Bulls Finance Centre,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (W),
Mumbai - 400 013
Mob: +91-97691-72938

Pratap Vardhan

May 17, 2014, 11:10:52 AM5/17/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Ravi,

I did change the code a bit this afternoon. You would find the mentioned places in the repo files

Regards,
Pratap

Dilip Damle

May 19, 2014, 12:02:36 AM5/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,

Thanks for this data.

I was wondering if there is a way to Uniquely identify the Contestant
If someone wants to create a track record of the contestants over period then this is important
Just name is not sufficient.

I tried to look for Duplicate Name&Party combinations

Including independents there are 97 duplicate combinations
Excluding independents there are 16
 7 candidates named as Chandu Lal Sahu contested  from Chhattisgarh, Mahasamund
Since they are from same constituency there are obviously different individuals.

However there is no way to differentiate multiple persons with same name and Same person contesting in two constituencies.
Any way out?

Rgds
Dilip Damle

Venkatraman S

May 19, 2014, 12:08:16 AM5/19/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Dilip Damle <cadv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way to Uniquely identify the Contestant
If someone wants to create a track record of the contestants over period then this is important
Just name is not sufficient.

Can use the candidate_id from myneta.info . (also it includes S/O information)

Chandrashekhar Raman

May 19, 2014, 12:18:31 AM5/19/14
to datameet@googlegroups com

This will be a tough nut to crack with just the name.. especially because fielding 'dummy candidates' with same or very similar names is a fairly common practice.. Used to split votes.. As employed by the veteran ajit jogi in mahasamund.. Maybe eci will make some kind of identification number mandatory in future, or they have already.

Pratap Vardhan

May 21, 2014, 1:52:18 PM5/21/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
And,

Have sanitized the eci data little bit and added turnout data pc-wise-turnout.csv and state-wise-turnout.csv files to the repo.
PC-names are in sync with eci-candidate-wise.csv and easy to merge and lookup.

Regards,
Pratap

indro ray

May 26, 2014, 8:07:36 AM5/26/14
to data...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone has the list of women winners? We know the number of women winners (61) and from which states they come from from this DTE link, but does any their names and CS?

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Indro

Chitra Jogani

Nov 26, 2016, 12:57:39 PM11/26/16
to datameet
Hi All,

I came across the Indian elections Masters in datameet which has scraped information from myneta.info. That is for candidates for National elections, I was looking for the same information but for candidates in state elections, that is from assembly constituencies. Also, their assets and liabilities or election expenditures.
I was wondering if anyone has this data or plans to scrap it.

Thanks,
Chitra