[hangout] Tomorrow Tuesday at 8pm with Surat Open Gov Platform

Nisha Thompson

Nov 21, 2016, 7:58:25 AM11/21/16
to datameet
Hi All,

It's time for the monthly broadcast hangout!

Tomorrow the Ahmedabad chapter will be discussing the Surat open data portal with Nagarajan.

The hangout starts at 8pm we'll send the link to this thread and it will be broadcast on Youtube.

Nisha

--
Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org

Arun Ganesh

Nov 21, 2016, 9:18:57 AM11/21/16
to datameet
Awesome!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nisha Thompson

Nov 22, 2016, 9:27:45 AM11/22/16
to datameet
Hey All!

We will be beginning the broadcast soon you can watch here and ask questions on youtube.

Limited space available on hangout here:

Nisha

Arun Ganesh

Nov 22, 2016, 1:53:27 PM11/22/16
to datameet
Just saw the hangout video, great work by the Surat open data team for leading the way for ULBs nationwide with  https://surat.data.gov.in/ and http://gis.suratmunicipal.org/ . This is already ages ahead of the other metro cities which usually get all the attention, but with no real output.

Mr Nagarajan and team, is there any dataset with coordinates available for download from the portal? Since the online GIS server is quite slow, it would be quite easy for the community to make much more lightweight visualizations using the same data as a demo.

Nisha, many thanks for putting this together and recording it for the benefit of others _/\_

srinivas kodali

Nov 25, 2016, 3:15:59 AM11/25/16
to datameet

Just met Mr. Jiggar from Surat IT team. They are ready to open GIS data of Surat with classifications of area including property polygons without sharing private data of names.

But they want a list of datasets what the community wants. Gonna find out all IT systems they got to suggest some here. One of you create a hackpad and start adding what datasets are needed.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com

Nisha Thompson

Nov 25, 2016, 3:21:42 AM11/25/16
to datameet
Awesome!

Hackpad was created during hangout

Add to it here

Nisha

Arun Ganesh

Nov 25, 2016, 3:28:21 AM11/25/16
to datameet
Amazing Srinivas!

srinivas kodali

Dec 12, 2016, 1:48:38 AM12/12/16
to datameet
I added several possible datasets which can be made open through the portal. If anyone else has something to request, please add it in the hackpad and we can send it to the surat authorities.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

shravan

Dec 12, 2016, 10:11:27 AM12/12/16
to datameet, Ma-roof M, Jimish Parekh
Sounds perfect Srinivas. Mahroof and Jimish, can you please go through the hackpad document once. When do we plan to send it to Surat Municipal Corporation, Srinivas?

Thank You,
Shravan

Ma-roof M

Dec 13, 2016, 7:27:39 AM12/13/16