Save the Map update

Sajjad Anwar

Sep 6, 2016, 12:21:31 AM9/6/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for supporting Save the Map (http://savethemap.in/)
and sending your thoughts to the Ministry of Home Affairs regarding
the Geospatial Information Regulation Bill. We manage to send over
1700 emails to the MHA, and several organisations and groups sent
feedback to them expressing disapproval of the current state of the
bill.

As of the monsoon session the bill was not submitted to Parliament and
seems to have been put on the back burner. There has been no official
response regarding if they will change the draft and incorporate any
of the feedback. So as of right now we are unsure if the bill will
come back and what form it will take.

We will be continuing to monitor the situation and send updates when
there are new developments. You can see some other responses/comments
that have been sent to the MHA [1].

Again thank you for your support and quick action. We hope to continue
working toward a good policy on geospatial information that supports
individuals and businesses to continue to innovate in the space.

Cheers,
Sajjad for Save the Map team

[1]

* DataMeet - http://datameet.org/2016/06/02/our-comments-on-the-geospatial-information-regulation-bill-2016/