[Delhi] Event Invitation

Guneet Narula

Aug 26, 2017, 7:16:23 AM8/26/17
to datameet
Dear all,

Praja foundation has extended an invite to Datameet for a seminar on "Enhancing Democracy Through Access to Open Data: What Are the Roles of Government and Civil Society?"

The seminar is on 8th of September, 9.30am at India Habitat Center in Lodhi Colony. Below is the official invite text that they sent along with an attached PDF. Those of you who are in Delhi on that day and are interested to attend, please respond in this thread by 2nd September. Praja would like to know how many Datameet members to expect at the event.

Best,
Guneet

/********** INVITE **********/

Greetings from Praja!

Praja is a non-partisan, data driven organisation, working towards enabling accountable governance since 1999. Praja conducts data driven research and provides information on civic issues to citizens, media, government administration and works with elected representatives (MLAs and Municipal Councillors). We identify and address lacunas in work processes of governance, bridge the information gaps and aid them in taking corrective measures in Delhi and Mumbai.

We are very pleased to invite you for the launch of the Delhi website of Praja Foundation. The launch is an important step towards expanding our work in the city of Delhi. The website will showcase all the publications of our organisation, zone-wise information about civic amenities, and information about elected representatives in the city.

On the same day, we are also organising a full day seminar on ‘Enhancing Democracy Through Access to Open Data: What Are the Roles of Government and Civil Society?’ Through this seminar we aim to deliberate on the opportunities and challenges for open data.

We believe data plays a crucial role in the execution and implementation of policy. Open Government Data (OGD) is one such policy which focuses on freedom of information legislation. OGD is a philosophy—and increasingly a set of policies—that promotes transparency, accountability and value creation by making government data available to all.

We would be very grateful if you could be a participant in the seminar on open data, and also attend the launch of the website. We are certain that your inputs and presence will go a long way towards making both the events a success.

Please find below the schedule for the day.

Event details-

Date: 8th September, 2017
Time: 9:30 am
Location: India Habitat Centre, Delhi

For further reference, please find attached the concept note for the event with the schedule.
PRAJA_Concept note on ODG and Website launch.pdf