datafx-tutorial5

Daniele Comand

Aug 2, 2014, 10:51:12 AM8/2/14
to dataf...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what happens.
Some days ago I downloaded and compiled the tutorial
(NetBeans 8.0, JDK 1.8.0_11, datafx 8.0.6bSNAPSHOT).
All that worked fine.

Today i reopened the project and found it uncompilable.
I get this error in WizardControllerr.java at line 82:
centerPane.getChildren().add(flowHandler.start(new AnimatedFlowContainer(Duration.millis(320), ContainerAnimations.SWIPE_LEFT)));

Netbeans says;
reference to AnimatedFlowContainer is ambiguous both constructor AnimatedFlowContainer(Duration,ContainerAnimations) in AnimatedFlowContainer and constructor AnimatedFlowContainer(Duration,Object) in AnimatedFlowContainer match ---- (Alt-Enter shows hints)

I can't figure out what can be changed since my last build.
Can you help me?

A second little question:
I tried to compile the samples package, but none of them can be build.
Can you me wich versione of datafx shoud i use to run them?

Thank you very much.
Your work is great, and i think it can become the most used approach to Java FX.

Hendrik Ebbers

Aug 2, 2014, 10:58:57 AM8/2/14
to Daniele Comand, dataf...@googlegroups.com
WE released a new snapshot and in this Version WE have new constructors. I'm currently on vacation and will check this later. WE released a new Version of datafx. But here we intruduced a new packagestructure (the one that we will use in the final version). Maybe Johan Vos can give you some additional Information.

Daniele Comand

Aug 3, 2014, 6:55:07 PM8/3/14
to dataf...@googlegroups.com, daniele...@gmail.com
Thanks Hendik.
I downloaded all the code and the examples work well.
Some of them (f: \ Mercurial_repo\datafx\datafx-samples) are not able to go, but I think it's because I'm using the Java8 SE SDK.
DataFX is built with the EE SDK?

Hendrik Ebbers

Aug 4, 2014, 1:54:27 AM8/4/14
to Daniele Comand, dataf...@googlegroups.com
No. It should work with JaveSE 8. what's the problem?

Daniele Comand

Aug 4, 2014, 2:49:25 AM8/4/14
to dataf...@googlegroups.com, daniele...@gmail.com
Some messages i have collected: running the code
org.datafx.samples.wizard
  wizard.java
    fails on start:
    Exception in Application start method
    Caused by: org.datafx.controller.flow.FlowException: org.datafx.controller.FxmlLoadException:
         org.datafx.controller.FxmlLoadException: No FXML File specified!
  at org.datafx.controller.flow.FlowHandler.start(FlowHandler.java:139)
  at org.datafx.controller.flow.FlowHandler.start(FlowHandler.java:97)
  at org.datafx.samples.wizard.Wizard.start(Wizard.java:23)

  DataFXDemo
    code problem: missing guard on removing or edit a null instance (click on the remove or edit button with no item selected in the list) :
    ago 03, 2014 12:15:20 AM org.datafx.util.ExceptionHandler lambda$getLoggerListener$1
    GRAVE: DataFX Exception Handler
    org.datafx.controller.flow.FlowException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at org.datafx.controller.flow.action.AbstractFlowTaskAction.handle(AbstractFlowTaskAction.java:68)

org.datafx.samples.ejb.wildfly
  DemoApp.java
    fails on start:
  at org.datafx.ejb.EjbLookupFactory.get(EjbLookupFactory.java:15)
  at org.datafx.samples.ejb.wildfly.DemoApp.main(DemoApp.java:13)

org.datafx.samples.featuretoggle
  FeatureMain.java
    fails on start:
    Exception in Application start method
       Caused by: org.datafx.controller.FxmlLoadException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.datafx.controller.ViewFactory.createByController(ViewFactory.java:150)
      at org.datafx.controller.ViewFactory.createByController(ViewFactory.java:110)
      at org.datafx.controller.ViewFactory.createByController(ViewFactory.java:85)
      at org.datafx.samples.featuretoggle.FeatureMain.start(FeatureMain.java:13)

Johan Vos

Aug 6, 2014, 10:00:12 AM8/6/14
to dataf...@googlegroups.com, daniele...@gmail.com
Hi,

We are currently refactoring the modules and build system to gradle.
Stay tuned...

- Johan