run Datafu unit test in JUnit framework

Johnny Zhang

Aug 28, 2012, 6:23:23 PM8/28/12
to dat...@googlegroups.com
hi, all:
I notice the datafu unit test is using TestNG. Is there a way I run it in JUnit framework without re-factoring the test classes? Since the blog http://engineering.linkedin.com/open-source/introducing-datafu-open-source-collection-useful-apache-pig-udfs mentioned that it can integrated with JUnit. Thanks.

Johnny

Matthew Hayes

Aug 29, 2012, 1:51:40 PM8/29/12
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johnny,

I don't know of a way to run the TestNG tests using JUnit.  Maybe it wasn't the best wording in the blog post.  We're using TestNG but as you mention you could easily refactor to use JUnit instead.  The point was it is easy to use PigUnit to unit test regardless of the framework :)  Are you having trouble using TestNG to run the tests?  From the command line it is simple since you can just run "ant test".  If you are using something like Eclipse there is a TestNG plugin, which is handy for running individual tests.

-Matt