Sessionize() giving Unexpected internal error. Expected input bag to contain a TUPLE, but instead found chararray

Faraz Rasheed

May 22, 2013, 3:31:12 PM5/22/13
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am trying to run the Sessionize() example provided with DataFu but it gives me

Unexpected internal error. Expected input bag to contain a TUPLE, but instead found chararray

every time I call Sessionize(), I am using the clickview.csv provided with the example. I am running pig 0.8 and cloudera hadoop implementation. I tried using both DataFu 0.8 and DataFu0.6 but am still getting the same error. Can someone please help?

Matt Hayes

Jul 3, 2013, 1:36:47 AM7/3/13
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Oops sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your question.  Your problem may be that you are using pig 0.8.  DataFu 0.0.8 was tested against pig 0.10.0.  There were some backwards incompatible changes in how schemas were handled in pig (I think in pig 0.10.0 in fact), hence some of the DataFu UDFs changed.  We move forward with each release, so a newer version of DataFu may not work with an older version of Pig.  I suggest using a recent version of pig, which is currently 0.11.1.  The first version of DataFu was actually tested against Pig 0.9.0.  I don't know if anyone has tested it against an older version of Pig.  The last version of DataFu which was tested against Pig 0.9.0 was DataFu 0.0.4.  So if you really must use Pig 0.8.0 you could try DataFu 0.0.4, but no guarantees it will work.

Faraz Rasheed

Jul 3, 2013, 9:02:59 AM7/3/13
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt, this is what I thought as well that probably I was using an older version of pig, thanks for your clarification

Regards,
Faraz