FW: draft Update for Simon

Anusha Ranganathan

Jan 17, 2013, 8:36:39 AM1/17/13
to dataflo...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, I meant to send this email to the dataflow-devel group.
Please read below about our options for metadata updates using Sword.

Regards,
Anusha

Jan 17, 2013, 12:30:43 PM1/17/13
to Richard Jones, dataflo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Richard,

I have belatedly learned about OfficeSWORD,
http://officesword.codeplex.com/, a Microsoft plugin to enable an MS
Office document to be wrapped in a SWORD wrapper and submitted directly
to a SWORD-compliant repository.

I would be interested to know what you think of this! It does not seem
to have been updated for SWORDv2.

Kind regards,

David

--

Dr David Shotton
Research Data Management and Semantic Publishing Research Group

Richard Jones

Jan 18, 2013, 2:25:22 PM1/18/13
to Dr David Shotton, dataflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I wasn't aware of this module specifically, but I did do some work
with Southampton (via the DepositMO project) to build support in
DSpace for deposit from their new Word authoring add-on, which I
wonder if/presume is related. So, there ought to be a SWORDv2
compliant version of something similar lying about the place.

I have some small hopes that this kind of thing is useful in certain
environments, but not quite sure that repositories are close enough to
academics' main concerns to be widely used. Do you have some thoughts
about usage?

Cheers,

Richard
--