Converter DataCite metadata to DDI format

Fairouz OUBENALI

Feb 27, 2017, 8:04:21 AM2/27/17
to DataCite Metadata

Hello

I have a DataCite metadata and I hope to converter the xml file to DDI format.
exist an API to do this ?

Thanks!
Fairouz

Joan Starr

Feb 27, 2017, 11:10:17 AM2/27/17
to DataCite Metadata
Hello Fairouz,
Thank you for your post. I hope that someone in the larger DataCite user community will be able to share something they have created. I am writing to give some background. In the 2011, DataCite released version 2.1 of the Metadata Schema, and the documentation included mappings to 4 other metadata schemes, including DDI. At that time, we also stated the following: "The DataCite Metadata Working Group offers these initial mappings as a service to the community, but will not be responsible for maintaining them on an ongoing basis." Unfortunately, the Metadata Working Group just doesn't have the resource capacity to provide ongoing support for mappings, let alone tools.Let's hope that this short discussion spurs some interest in sharing code.
Good luck,
Joan Starr
Co-chair, DataCite Metadata Working Group

Fairouz OUBENALI

Feb 27, 2017, 12:09:55 PM2/27/17
to DataCite Metadata
@Joan

Thank you :), can I have the link of metadata DDI of DataCite version 2.1 ?

Fairouz

Joan Starr

Feb 27, 2017, 1:56:37 PM2/27/17
to DataCite Metadata
Hello,
Documentation for all versions of the schema may be found at:
http://schema.datacite.org/

Best regards,