DataCite Schema 4.0: Why is nameIdentifier used differently in Contributor and Creator?

Regina S.

Jul 25, 2016, 4:43:46 AM7/25/16
to DataCite Metadata
I am working on implementing the 4.0 Schema and I am wondering why the Creator is allowed to have several nameIdentifiers (0-n) whereas the Contributor is only allowed to have maximum one nameIdentifier (0-1).

Joan Starr

Jul 25, 2016, 1:44:41 PM7/25/16
to DataCite Metadata
Hello Regina,
Thank you for pointing this out. It happens that you found an error in the documentation. The XML schema itself does not have this inconsistency and today we have corrected the documentation error as well. A new version of the documentation will be posted shortly. Again, I thank you for helping make this better.
Best regards,
Joan Starr
Co-chair, DataCite Metadata Working Group

Regina S.

Jul 27, 2016, 10:00:02 AM7/27/16
to DataCite Metadata
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!