IE 8 not working with Dalekjs and FF port issues - quick questions

Zk W

Dec 5, 2014, 3:54:34 PM12/5/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Dalekjs newbies here.

1)
We have IE 8 on Windows Server 2008

C:\Users\x\Desktop\dalek-test>dalek my_first_test.js -b IE
Running tests
Running Browser: Internet Explorer
>> ERROR: SyntaxError: Unexpected token U

Dalek says it supports > IE 6 on its web page.

2)
after upgrading FF browser to later version to 34
C:\Users\x\Desktop\dalek-test>dalek my_first_test.js -b firefox
Running tests
>> ERROR: dalek-browser-firefox: Error starting WebDriverServer, port 9006 in us

where do we create a file and where should it be located with respect to our my_first_test.js file ? what path should the dalekfile be and what should it be called in order dalek reads it ?

Thanks

asciidisco

Dec 7, 2014, 8:08:22 AM12/7/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Indeed,
it does support IE > 6, but Firefox support is a totally different story. Mozilla changes its internal testing APIs (called Marionette) quite often, so we decided to leave the FF
implementation as it is (Running with Firefox 27) and wait for Mozilla to tighten up the APIs.

TL;DR: Firefox 27 works, newer verions don't.

Zk W

Dec 8, 2014, 1:01:39 AM12/8/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for responding.

We have IE 8 on Windows Server 2008

C:\Users\x\Desktop\dalek-test>dalek my_first_test.js -b IE
Running tests
Running Browser: Internet Explorer
>> ERROR: SyntaxError: Unexpected token U

What are we doing wrong in our settings for IE ?
Any tips on how we can overcome this issue ?

asciidisco

Dec 8, 2014, 6:01:38 AM12/8/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Hard to tell,

do you use a Dalekfile.json for configuration reasons, if so, please post the contents.
It would also be helpful if you could start Dalek with the highest log parameter like this: dalek my_first_test.js -b IE -l 5

If you´ve done this, please post the output as well.
Does PhantomJS/Chrome work for you?

Also, I would recommend to check your "Enable Protected Mode settings, as stated in this Stackoverflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19146162/dalekjs-internet-explorer-does-not-launch-and-the-test-hangs

Regards