Issues with liblouis

Javier Asensio

Jul 20, 2015, 7:33:43 AM7/20/15
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A user has reported an error, basically the ws isn't going up. From the logs that she has provided I can only think is due to:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No liblouis library registered
or
PATH and property lame.path is not set
    at org.daisy.pipeline.audio.lame.LameEncoder.<init>(LameEncoder.java:38)

Do you recall if any of these two could cause the framework not to start?

cheers,

Javi

Bert Frees

Jul 20, 2015, 10:22:37 AM7/20/15
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

No, I don't recall either of these two causing the WS not to start.

The WS has caused difficulties for me in the past. I never found out what the problem was (hard to debug!) but it had nothing to do with the braille and TTS modules. The problem seems to have disappeared for me.

I have experienced problems with the liblouis service failing to start up lately. I'm going to look at that this week. But the WS always start up fine.

The LAME exception is thrown in the TTS modules.

Javier Asensio

Jul 20, 2015, 10:32:21 AM7/20/15
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Great thanks! we managed to find the issue, and as you said, nothing to do with that. Just in case rang any bells

cheers,

Javi