Tilting a globe (azimutal) projection

Rodolphe G

Jul 19, 2017, 11:23:13 AM7/19/17
to d3-js
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to adapt examples of "globe visualizations" (like this one: http://mbostock.github.io/d3/talk/20111018/azimuthal.html) so that not only can the user drag and zoom, but also tilt the view. I made a little video using Google Earth to explicit what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3e5uqCkBp4

Considering d3 doesn't really produces a 3d globe, but instead - as far as I understand - projects a view of the world according to an origin point which can be move real-time: is it possible to achieve this can of tilting with d3?

Thanks!

Rodolphe