Plotting Lat,Lon on a slippy tile map

Jim Noss

Feb 23, 2018, 3:15:53 AM2/23/18
to d3-js
Looking at Mike's http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/4132797 example, what is the recommended approach to plotting a latitude, longitude point on this tiled map?

I used svg in the past, but am wondering if I simply make a new layer and plot the data points on the layer and add it to the map.

Drew Winget

Feb 26, 2018, 1:50:13 PM2/26/18
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim. Yes, typically annotations of a map are plotted on a separate layer and kept synchronised by updating that new layer in response to the same events or timers that update the base map.

In the given example, you would write another function that draws the Lat./Long. point on top of the map, and call that new "drawPoint" function on/in "zoomed".

On 23 February 2018 at 00:15, Jim Noss <jlke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking at Mike's http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/4132797 example, what is the recommended approach to plotting a latitude, longitude point on this tiled map?

I used svg in the past, but am wondering if I simply make a new layer and plot the data points on the layer and add it to the map.

Drew Winget
Visualisation Engineer
Digital Library Systems and Services
Stanford, CA 94305