Convert multiple GeoJSON files to Topojson with respective properties

Siwen Li

Jul 31, 2015, 9:00:48 PM7/31/15
to d3-js
I'm trying to merge a country-level world geosjon file and a state-level us geojson file into one topojson. I know how to use --property to keep certain properties when converting each geojson to topojson. But since the two geojson files have different properties, how should I specify which properties of which file to keep when converting?

I could use this command to merge two files into one, but either loose all properties

topojson input1.json input2.json -o output.json

or keep all

topojson -p input1.json input2.json -o output.json