Question: how come some of my replies get deleted?

Erik Stel

Mar 21, 2018, 12:29:56 PM3/21/18
to d3-js
Hi,

This is a question regarding the forum usage: I tried to answer to a question (twice) and both my answers get deleted without further notice/explanation. Is there any way to discover why these replies get deleted? I'm not aware of any usage violations I'm committing.

On the message-window the following message is shown:
      2 messages have been deleted.

Kind regards,
Erik

Curran

Mar 22, 2018, 9:38:43 AM3/22/18
to d3-js
Hi Erik,

No idea why this would happen.

Did you use the Google Groups Web UI to respond, or did you respond via email?

I wonder if the response to this one will be deleted.. let's see!

Best regards,
Curran

Erik Stel

Mar 22, 2018, 3:04:22 PM3/22/18
to d3-js
Hi Curran,

I created reply through Web UI. Similar to this one. Curious whether this will show up or get deleted as well.

Fingers crossed ;-)
Erik

Curran

Mar 23, 2018, 10:59:25 AM3/23/18
to d3-js
Hi Erik,

Today I did receive an automated "Spam Alert" or sorts from the Google Group that asked me to approve your posts. I arrived at a settings panel of sorts where I clicked a button that said something like "Always allow this user to post".

No idea why you were being flagged automatically, but from now on your posts should go through no problem. Sorry about this!

Best regards,
Curran

Erik Stel

Mar 24, 2018, 12:15:32 PM3/24/18