Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Layale Bassil

ongelezen,
7 mrt 2018, 13:00:4907-03-2018
aan d3-js
Dear All,

I would like to ask if there is any work done or sample of an interactive map like this one: http://bl.ocks.org/NPashaP/a74faf20b492ad377312 but for the 22 Arab Countries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_world)? Where I can mouse over each country and be able to click on it and display some tool-tip information?

I am ready to buy the needed licenses if such work is already done.

Your guidance and help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Layale.

timothylegg

ongelezen,
13 mrt 2018, 13:47:2913-03-2018
aan d3-js
With apologies, I don't know Javascript very well at all.  I'm here because I'm learning.

This is an interesting question and I did a little bit of investigation.  The map is in SVG and is encoded in a file called uStates.js.  You can view it here:

So, this is the basis on which you can modify into something you would like to have.  Now, let's look at wikipedia.  They have beautiful maps.

When you view source on that map, you will recognize a VERY similar format.

As is the same with this map...

and others too that you can seek out on your own.

I'm not doing this for you, but I can bid you farewell on your journey with a wave of a hand and a "Happy cut 'n pasting!"

But please, please, please, comply with the license of any Wikipedia source.

Timothy D. Legg
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen