United States maps don't include Washington D.C.?

Edward Talcott

Jan 30, 2018, 11:22:57 AM1/30/18
to d3-js
Am I missing something? Even the ones that pull in Alaska and Hawaii still don't seem to include DC. How are you supposed to show data breakdown in the USA if a major component is missing? It becomes even more crucial when you're talking about data about politics, lobby groups, etc... that have a large concentration in DC.

Paul Hobson

Jan 30, 2018, 11:28:35 AM1/30/18
to d3...@googlegroups.com
I think you might have the wrong mailing list. This group pertains to the D3 plotting library. You might ask a GIS group about a data source that suits your needs.
-Paul

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 8:22 AM, Edward Talcott <etal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Am I missing something? Even the ones that pull in Alaska and Hawaii still don't seem to include DC. How are you supposed to show data breakdown in the USA if a major component is missing? It becomes even more crucial when you're talking about data about politics, lobby groups, etc... that have a large concentration in DC.

Curran

Jan 31, 2018, 8:48:11 AM1/31/18
to d3-js
Can you provide an example link to a map created with D3 that shows this behavior?