Hexagon Mesh

Gopal Vaswani

Jan 16, 2017, 11:18:34 AM1/16/17
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Is there a version of hexagon mesh as shown in https://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/5249328

Where the hexagons are rotated by 90.
Inline image 1

While I painstakingly understood the concept of creating the topojson in Mike's example but to hack that code to produce this version of grid looks beyond my programming abilities :)
Will appreciate if someone can guide me how to achieve this.

Why I need this?
To create a cartogram for an upcoming state elections in India. I have the cartogram ready in illustrator. While I can export svg and control each polygon and achieve the results, using this grid will give far more control.

--
Gopal vaswani

Kai Chang

Jan 18, 2017, 10:53:32 PM1/18/17
to d3...@googlegroups.com
This may be helpful in adapting Mike's code that you linked:

http://bl.ocks.org/jasondavies/f5922ed4d0ac1ac2161f