plotting 2 or more timeseries datasets in an x/y plot for correlation

17 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

David Luu

ongelezen,
16 jan 2017, 20:24:3716-01-2017
aan d3-js
Similar to these non-D3 posts:

How to plot different timeseries data against each other?

Say I want timeseries X as my x-axis in the x/y plot (with the x values being the y's in t(X)), and all the timeseries Yn as the Y lines in the x/y plot, where the t in t(X) = t in t(Yn). And/or I may have a summation case, where instead of plotting individual Yn lines, I sum their values to plot a single Y for X.

How is this best done with d3.js? I'm working on it right now, and wanted to get some advice on it while I'm figuring things out.

Paul Hobson

ongelezen,
17 jan 2017, 11:55:4617-01-2017
aan d3...@googlegroups.com
I think you're going to need to pre-process your data outside of D3.

Faced with this problem, I would use pandas to resample each timeseries to common and slightly coarser timesteps: http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/timeseries.html#resampling

Another approach I would take is to make a Q-Q or P-P plot to compare the distributions of the data.

The Q-Q plot won't require resampling if both of your samples have the same length.

-paul

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen