Dreamweaver crashes when including local d3.js

drohrlick

Jan 25, 2012, 8:00:13 PM1/25/12
to d3-js
Hello,

I've been playing around with d3 all this week with increasing
positive results. EXCEPT this one problem I've been having:

I've downloaded the d3 package and my files are stored a directory
above it. I'm uisng Dreamweaver CS4 to write/compile my .html/.js
files. I include d3.js in my .html head like this:

<head>
<title>Test</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mbostock.github.com/d3/
d3.js?1.27.1"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="mbostock-d3-ad76418/
d3.csv.js"></script>
</head>

As you can see I access d3.js remotely but have access to d3.csv.js
locally. This works fine. I can successfully load up .csv files and
play around with them.

Now want to try to access d3.js locally so I change the above to this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="mbostock-d3-ad76418/d3.js"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="mbostock-d3-ad76418/
d3.csv.js"></script>

Now Dreamweaver crashes.

Why? Am I attempting to access d3.js incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!

Danny

pax roman

Jan 26, 2012, 4:03:56 AM1/26/12
to d3...@googlegroups.com
You usually need to put d3 in a web server (Apache or a Python web server or anything else),
otherwise you won't be able to use json and different other formats ...

Dubi Kaufmann

May 29, 2013, 1:42:07 PM5/29/13
to d3...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem (a mac running cs5).
Dreamweaver crashes by trying to open d3.v3.min.js

Message has been deleted

Rev. Brian O'keefe

May 1, 2015, 10:36:17 PM5/1/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21873825/d3-v3-js-makes-dreamweaver-crash/29402153#29402153

Check out the post. It discusses issues with a specific version od D3.js