Display US zip3

Alex Khomchenko

Apr 9, 2014, 7:36:57 PM4/9/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Good evening.

Sorry for my bad English.

I used US states map generated by topojson previously, but now I need to display zip3 and some data for them.

What is the best way to generate topojson for them?

I've found http://geocommons.com/overlays/144464 but I can not convert it to topojson.

Can I build zip3 with us-atlas project?

Thanks a lot.

Philip Pedruco

Apr 13, 2014, 3:47:23 AM4/13/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
The best way would be to install and use topojson to convert the shape file(s) to topojson, although this can be difficult on a windows system.  Otherwise you can use one of the many online topojson converters a short list of which you can find here.

Alex Khomchenko

Apr 17, 2014, 6:17:57 PM4/17/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Thanks for you response. I've used vagrant with ubuntu and topojson to build maps. Default topojson tasks are ok but I can not find zip3 shapefile. Can you help?

Thanks a lot.

Philip Pedruco

Apr 17, 2014, 7:55:27 PM4/17/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com