Introduction to D3 Tutorial

Curran

May 4, 2015, 3:35:58 PM5/4/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'd like to share this Introduction to D3 Tutorial (code examples). This covers all the concepts you need to fully understand how to create a bar chart, line chart, and scatter plot with D3.

Best regards,
Curran

António Ramos

May 6, 2015, 6:28:26 AM5/6/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Someone has  to thank u

+1

Curran

May 9, 2015, 3:57:47 PM5/9/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the thank you.

I plan to make more videos like this. What topics would be of interest? Possible topics to cover next include:
  • Encapsulating reusable visualizations (using the reusable chart API, Backbone, Angular, React, Model.js)
  • Interactions in visualizations (brushing, hovering, tool tips, pan & zoom)
  • Linking multiple visualizations together (Crossfilter, linked highlighting)
  • Controlling visualizations with traditional user interface widgets (e.g. selecting X, Y, color columns via drop-down menu)
  • Connecting with REST APIs that provide data
  • D3 Layouts (e.g. Stack, Pie, TreeLayout)
  • Making Choropleth Maps
If you'd like to weigh in, please fill out this survey on D3 topics of interest. Here are the live survey results so far.

All the best,
Curran

Pajo Hackman

May 10, 2015, 9:30:20 AM5/10/15