animated path on a globe canvas

bruce Christensen

Feb 3, 2018, 8:04:36 PM2/3/18
to d3-js
I saw this example https://bl.ocks.org/wwymak/dcdd12937bd4643cd9b3 and I am trying to understand how the animated arcs (the animated path that the plane follows) works.  I see this example http://bl.ocks.org/duopixel/4063326 uses a stroke-dasharray , stroke-dashoffset to work but I don't think I can use stroke-dasharray on canvas.  I am sure the code in the example somewhere but I don't see it because I don't understand it. Could anyone share with me how that part of the code works and where it is?

I am trying to create animated lines in my own test block here: http://blockbuilder.org/itsallearth/50e6ec9775b90df8193718b21e67c043.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Bruce

bruce Christensen

Feb 17, 2018, 9:58:10 PM2/17/18
to d3-js
Well, I am just wondering is anyone knows the answer.  How do the animated arcs work in this example https://bl.ocks.org/wwymak/dcdd12937bd4643cd9b3 ?

How can I do it? What part of the code makes it happen?

Thank you,

Bruce

Gordon Woodhull

Feb 17, 2018, 11:34:28 PM2/17/18
to d3...@googlegroups.com
I believe it's the "great arc interpolator".