Keyframe or time-based animation for d3.js

Alireza Eliaderani

Nov 23, 2015, 11:24:06 AM11/23/15
to d3-js
I'm trying to build a micro framework for creating keyframe/time-based animations using d3.js. this is my first attempt to build a lib/framework.
I love to hear your thoughts. it's very small (130 lines of code) and uses Promise for glueing scenes together.

Thanks

Alireza

Ian Johnson

Nov 23, 2015, 2:07:50 PM11/23/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alireza,

This looks very interesting! It might be helpful to put your example into a block on bl.ocks.org so we can see it in action. Maybe you could give a couple examples highlighting different uses.
I think composing animations with d3 is a challenge that could benefit from a tool like this, I look forward to trying it out soon.

Ian Johnson - 周彦

b.j.k...@utwente.nl

Dec 1, 2015, 4:11:08 AM12/1/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been dabbling in mapping using D3 now for a while [1], and I find I
lack some knowledge about advanced Javascript. So I wonder if anyone could
advice me on a good book or online course/resource on the more advanced
javascript things, specifically: prototypes, functions as object
constructors, closures and components (or are these a D3 specific thing?).

Yours,
Barend

[1] http://barendkobben.com/D3tests/

Phoebe Bright