d2b.js a d3 based charting library

Kevin Warne

Apr 15, 2017, 11:25:32 AM4/15/17
to d3-js

This is a new d3-based charting library, d2b.js (Data to DashBoards). It is built using d3v4's module pattern with rollup.js as a build tool.

The build is stable but there is still work being done on the wiki and additional tests are still being added. D2B currently supports axis-charts, pie-charts, and sunburst-charts. More charts and features will be added in the future after the current build is ready for a 1.x.x release.

website: d2bjs.org

Curran

Apr 17, 2017, 8:59:47 PM4/17/17
to d3-js
Very nice UI with the sunburst!

Kevin Warne

Apr 17, 2017, 11:22:47 PM4/17/17
to d3-js
Thank you! One of the goals with this UI was to have sunburst zooming without losing a sense of where you are in the data hierarchy. This was achieved by having the ancestor sequence visible even after zooming.
Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 9.20.58 PM.png

Chris Viau

Apr 18, 2017, 9:07:30 AM4/18/17
to d3-js
I like the API and how you can compose charts using generators. Good job!

Kevin Warne

Apr 19, 2017, 11:48:34 AM4/19/17
to d3-js
Thanks! The generators make it much easier to configure the internal d2b and d3 APIs, without having to manually propagate configuration options to the internal APIs. I was hoping that this would feel more like an extension to d3 rather than having to learn a whole new implementation pattern.

Kevin Warne

Aug 18, 2017, 2:20:12 PM8/18/17
to d3-js
I've added SVG and Chart components for drawing Sankeys to the d2b.js charting library. I'll be adding more examples and documentation for this soon.
Message has been deleted

Kevin Warne

Jan 8, 2018, 1:01:42 PM1/8/18
to d3-js
The latest version of d2b (v0.5.0) adds built in hooks for the d3.annotation plugin! See all of the examples here: http://www.d2bjs.org/example_categories/1/entries/32

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 1.08.34 PM.jpg