D3js possible memory leak on Safari 9.1.1

Moriarty

Oct 20, 2016, 11:22:04 AM10/20/16
to d3-js
Hi all,

I have a web application which has multi-line charts plotted using D3js 3.x.
We observed Safari crash on 9.1.1+ version on Mac OS X 10.11.5

On further investigation we found out that Safari's memory consumption shot up to ~2 gig. The same code works without any issues on Chrome and Firefox with memory usage reaching just around 200MB.

Can anybody throw some pointers?

Help would be appreciated.

David Luu

Oct 21, 2016, 4:17:01 PM10/21/16
to d3-js
Probably need to use developer tools to evaluate what's happening in the DOM. Not familiar with that myself.

Do you have sample code excerpt that can reproduce this issue that you can share with the public? You could then submit that with a bug ticket for d3.js as well.