Force-directed with pie nodes, but links between pie slices

Kevin Ard

Oct 10, 2017, 7:59:17 AM10/10/17
to d3-js
Can someone help me with a direction or a jumping-off point? I'm using d3 in angular (that's partially beside the point, though). I have a force-directed graph with pie nodes - that much is going great. I need the links to go from pie slice to pie slice, though, not from pie to pie.
Since the slices are effectively outside of the force-direct, this is a little tricky.

I've considered sort of proxying the link: let d3 draw pie-to-pie, but offset the line's endpoints by whatever slice centroid to pie center is. I'd rather a more... Elegant solution, though. I see this being problematic at scale.