Animating markers on multiple paths

Ben Kauffman

Mar 3, 2015, 1:04:47 PM3/3/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've been banging my head against this problem for a while now, and I thought someone here could maybe help.

I have a map, where multiple paths (from a GeJson file) are being progressively drawn along their routes. This all works perfectly, with help from the Tween-Dash trick.

What I want to now is add a marker to each path, and have that marker also travel with the leading edge of the route. I can't get it to work for the life of me. Any help would be SO very much appreciated.

From doing some browser console debugging, I've noticed that my code is appending a marker to each path, but they don't appear on the map, and don't seem to have transitioned correctly.

My d3 code is here:

Thanks!

Ben Kauffman

Mar 10, 2015, 12:57:53 PM3/10/15
to d3...@googlegroups.com
bump!

Does anyone have any advice I might try? The way I've written my code, I'm struggling to add basic functionality like adding tooltips and the like. Makes me think there's something basic/structural I'm missing.

Thanks so much for any help!