Geo Visualization Idea & Question

seemantk

Apr 21, 2014, 6:30:51 PM4/21/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Hi D3 People,

I'm interested in exploring maps and data visualization.  One thing I'd like to achieve is for example resizing each country in the EU by population, but keeping the overall map intact with the resulting "whacky" resize.  Are there examples of such visualizations?

Thanks!

Seemant

Ian Johnson

Apr 21, 2014, 6:33:47 PM4/21/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
you want a d3 cartogram,

i did something like this with US States

Ian Johnson - 周彦

seemantk

Apr 22, 2014, 9:13:33 AM4/22/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com

Owen Dall

Apr 22, 2014, 9:28:17 AM4/22/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Very nice, Ian!

-Owen

Owen Dall

Vice President | Chief Technology Officer

Barquin International

Office: 202.296.7147 | Mobile: 410.991.0811

Fax: 202.296.8903 | email: od...@barquin.com

BI_Logo_2012_JPEG

NOTICE: If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and be aware that the use, copying, or dissemination of this information is prohibited. This email transmission contains information from Barquin International that may be considered privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the named recipient.

Seemant Kulleen

Apr 25, 2014, 8:09:34 AM4/25/14
to d3...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

Thank you so much for this.  Your example is awesome and perfectly in line with what I'm trying to achieve. Much appreciated :)

Cheers,

seemant

PS Sorry about the blank (!!?) email before..