[ANN] New d3 Sankey diagram library

Richard Lupton

Jun 21, 2016, 1:18:08 PM6/21/16
to d3-js
Hi,

I thought you might be interested to see a new d3 Sankey diagram library, d3-sankey-diagram. We have developed it as part of a research project looking at interactive visualisation of resource usage (Foreseer), and the core Sankey layout library as well as the d3 diagram component have now been published under the MIT licence.

See the live demo here: https://ricklupton.github.io/d3-sankey-diagram/

Exciting features compared to the existing d3 Sankey plugin include:
  • Layered layout algorithm (similar to that used by Graphviz / dot) to route flows between nodes that are not in adjacent layers
  • Allows right-to-left flows and loops
  • Accounts for multiple types of flow (e.g. representing different types of material) between the same nodes

We have been using this for our visualisations for about a year, and I hope it will be useful to others too. Feedback and contributions are welcome.

Thanks,

Rick