d3.js caching strategy

d3guy

Nov 30, 2016, 8:00:50 PM11/30/16
to d3-js
I'm implementing d3.js animations on a map.  The webpage has report parameters which will make an ajax call to get the updated data for databinding on the map. Is there a good caching strategy I can use for this?  Here's a very simple example of a report structure:

After the report has been generated, I'm thinking it could be cached/hidden and then js could redisplay the report if the user reselects the report type. Have you ever used this approach with d3.js or another js implementation? My page has 25 report types so the page could get large and each report has a lot of animation behavior so seems like there could be a potential performance impact to have 25 of those on a page at one time.