#1085 flash error

Fengyuan Hu

Jan 18, 2011, 9:14:45 AM1/18/11
to cytoscapeweb-discuss
Dear devs,

Some of our machines got a #1085 error while loading the network. Is
there a way to handle it?

Ideally, javascript can catch the error and pop up a message with some
statements.

Suggestions?

Cheers
Fengyuan

Christian Tannus Lopes

Jan 19, 2011, 12:16:46 PM1/19/11
to cytoscapew...@googlegroups.com
I guess this error means your XML is malformed.
You can check for special characters, closing tags, etc.
If loading the XML through JavaScript, you might need to handle the return according to the browser--something like this (jQuery example):

$.get("file.xml", function(data) {

    if (typeof data !== "string") {
        if (window.ActiveXObject) { // IE
            data = data.xml;
        } else { // Other browsers
            data = (new XMLSerializer()).serializeToString(data);
        }
    }

    vis.draw({ network: data });

});

Fengyuan Hu

Jan 19, 2011, 5:36:06 PM1/19/11
to cytoscapew...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

I do use XGMML in this case, and we loading the network by java framework instead of js (ajax). However the network displays well in most of our machines which keep flash up to date. The machine which had the issue had an older version of flash. I assume a user would be wondering if it's the server's fault...

I'll double check the xml, but has anyone had a similar case before caused by xml malformation?

Thanks
Fengyuan
--
Fengyuan Hu