Bug with changing node label not changing on graph

Shawn Cho

Apr 27, 2017, 2:55:59 PM4/27/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes I'll change the node style label to man to a different column, and it won't change. Then I'll have to re-build the map, and change the label column, then it'll work. Anyone else experience this issue?

I am on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 running Cytoscape 3.5.0 with java version 1.8.0_111

Thanks!

Scooter Morris

May 4, 2017, 9:52:19 AM5/4/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Shawn,
   No, I haven't seen exactly that symptom exactly.  Sometimes, though, apps will set the label as a Locked attribute and it might lead to the symptoms you're describing.

-- scooter

Matthias König

May 5, 2017, 8:49:25 AM5/5/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Shawn,
I saw the same issues with GML files and filed a bug some time ago
http://code.cytoscape.org/redmine/issues/3712
This is a known issue for GML files, but like scooter mentioned will occur whenever network readers store labels via bipass values instead of a mapping.