cyREST problem

Afiqah Aleng

Sep 6, 2016, 11:24:30 PM9/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I want to use cyREST, but my computer cannot connect Rstudio with Cytoscape. I tried to use System Checker Script, downloaded from http://www.cytoscape.org/troubleshooting.html
When I run the script, this message came out:

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hope anyone can help me to solve this

Thanks in advance.

Afiqah

Ruth Isserlin

Sep 7, 2016, 9:22:15 AM9/7/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Afiqah,
Is cytoscape open?  I think for cytoscape 3.3 on windows you need to launch cytoscape with -R 1234 in order to get cyrest to initiate (In cytoscape 3.4 this happens automatically)

from the Cytoscape directory run:
cytoscape.bat -R 1234

Ruth

Barry Demchak

Sep 7, 2016, 10:07:47 AM9/7/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Afiqah –

Ruth’s advice is excellent … please let us know how it works.

Meanwhile, the troubleshooting script indicates that the Cytoscape App store can’t be reached from your PC. This is a problem, but wouldn’t contribute to your current issue. When you ran the troubleshooting script, was your PC connected to the Internet? Can you use your browser to surf to apps.cytoscape.org? Inability to contact the store isn’t fatal, but it will stop you from getting announcements, new apps, and so on.

Thanks.

Afiqah Aleng

Barry Demchak

Sep 7, 2016, 11:26:27 PM9/7/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi, Afiqah --

Thanks for your patience.

The App Store was down this afternoon after an unpredicted hardware crash. We have been working to bring it back up. It seems to be up now. Would you mind trying again and letting us know how it works for you now??

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Afiqah Aleng <afiqa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD