About an effective way to connect the nodes

daiki2...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 7:44:23 AM11/30/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I am planning to make a directed network with about 30 nodes. I want to make the network so that node A connects to all the other nodes, node B connects to the other 29, and so on, so that all nodes are interconnected. I tried this using the "connects selected nodes with edges" feature, but there were only about 500 edges made, whereas it is suppised to be around 900. Do you have any idea?

Scooter Morris

Dec 7, 2017, 11:37:04 AM12/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Daiki,

Sure, that's actually what I would expect from that method -- it assumes an undirected network.  If you look at the resulting network, the degree of each node is 29.  You want a network where the indegree of each node is 29 and the outdegree is 29 and the total degree is 58.  The only thing I can think of offhand is to create two networks, give your edges different interactions and shared interactions, and then merge them using the merge tool.

-- scooter
Message has been deleted

Barry Demchak

Dec 7, 2017, 11:46:22 AM12/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi …

I’d like to double check what you’re trying to do.

For convenience, suppose there are five nodes A through E.

I think you’re trying to connect

·         A to B,C,D,E

·         B to A,C,D,E

·         C to A,B,D,E

·         D to A,B,D,E

·         E to A,B,C,D

I can see other possibilities, like connecting B to only C,D,E.

If you’re trying to connect B to A,C,D,E you’ll get a connection A->B and B->A.

Can you clarify??