How does the stringApp work?

mc jiang

Dec 26, 2016, 9:07:27 AM12/26/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I installed It in Cytoscape 3.4. It is under Apps. When I pointed it with mouse, no function was activated. What did I do wrong? Thanks

Lars Juhl Jensen

Dec 26, 2016, 11:41:34 AM12/26/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
The main functionality of stringApp is that it allows you to fetch networks from the STRING database via File->Import->Network->Public databases. In addition to the Universal Interaction Database Client, you will see three additional options for Data Source, which relate to importing STRING networks. The other functionality of the app is only enabled for networks loaded this way.

Scooter Morris

Dec 26, 2016, 11:59:08 AM12/26/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
    You need to go to File->Import->Network->Public databases...  That will popup the public database dialog.  Then you can select String as the Data Source.  Take a look at http://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/cytoscape/StringApp for more detailed instructions.

-- scooter

On 12/26/2016 06:07 AM, mc jiang wrote:
Hi,

I installed It in Cytoscape 3.4. It is under Apps. When I pointed it with mouse, no function was activated. What did I do wrong? Thanks

mc jiang

Dec 26, 2016, 2:39:58 PM12/26/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Thank you all very much! I learned it now