rename with node add

An Dre

Feb 2, 2016, 7:13:36 PM2/2/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I recently used cytoscape for a simple network adding nodes manually. I noticed that the nodes are always added as "Node nn" and it requires an additional step to rename the node (Edit -> Rename Node).
Is there a way to circumvent the additional mouse clicks to rename the node, e.g. is it possible to add a node and give it the desired name n one go?

Regards,
   Andre

Scooter Morris

Feb 4, 2016, 9:59:56 AM2/4/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Andre,
   Adding an extra step to adding nodes would be painful for a lot of uses.  An easier way to change the names does exist, though,  All you need to do is edit the "name" column in the Node Table directly.  Alternatively, you can create a little file with the "Node nn" in the first column and "Label" in the second column.  Once that's imported, just change the Node Label in the Style from a Passthrough Mapper using "name" to your new column (e.g. "Label").

-- scooter