Cytoscape automate custom graphics

craftin...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2017, 2:28:35 PM9/4/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
hi,

In my network i have over 400 nodes and each node should have its own image/icon. I am currently trying to use a simple program to automatically write tags for the entries. When I was looking through the XML file I noticed that the image entry takes in an integer argument. What does the argument represent? And it also seems like that I have to import all images into the image manager before hand. With 400 individual image files that would take a long time!

Is there a plugin that can do this for me? Or can someone tell me what other steps should i take.

Thanks

David Otasek

Sep 5, 2017, 5:04:01 PM9/5/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

Unfortunately, there isn't any automation present to handle the task you're describing.

I've created two Issues within the CyREST App to address this. There is no timeline on when they will be implemented but you can keep track of them via the following links:

https://github.com/cytoscape/cyREST/issues/29
https://github.com/cytoscape/cyREST/issues/30

Sorry we couldn't provide more right now.

-David Otasek