"Error parsing given file as a jar file: error in opening zip file"

eru...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 3:14:58 PM4/11/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Im running Windows 7 (64bit), along with Cytoscapes 3.5.0

Im trying to install the " Functional Enrichment Collection" both through the program as well as via the app store. Both attempts yield the error
"Error parsing given file as a jar file: error in opening zip file".

My Java version is the latest (ver 8, downloaded 4/11/2017)

Barry Demchak

Apr 11, 2017, 3:25:08 PM4/11/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

One data point … I just tried it … no problems installing from App Manager. All apps downloaded and installed … restarting Cytoscape also had no problems.

A drastic experiment would be to rename your CytoscapeConfiguration directory (in your Windows user directory) to something else, and then restart Cytoscape and do the install again. Does the situation recur??

Could you be behind a proxy that could have a bad copy of a JAR??