Visualizing reaction set as a network

Deepa Maheshvare

Jul 6, 2017, 2:39:55 AM7/6/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello Everyone,
I would like to visualize a set of reactions in the form of a network/pathway.I have the set of reactions in SBML format.Is it possible to view this as a pathway map on cytoscape?

Thanks a  lot for your time and kind consideration.

Deepa

Scooter Morris

Jul 6, 2017, 11:49:16 AM7/6/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Deepa,
   Certainly!  I would suggest starting with reading the SBML in directly.  You can use the built-in SBML reader, or cy3sbml, which is much more advanced.

-- scooter

Deepa Maheshvare

Jul 6, 2017, 12:27:13 PM7/6/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scooter,
Thank you so much for your kind response.I have a set of ~20 reactions.The rate law expression of each reaction is in a separate SBML file.Before I load in cytoscape,should I merge all the individual SBML files into a single file?

Or, can I import all the SBML files into cytoscape and later define the sequence in which the reactions occur ?

Thanks again,
Deepa

Scooter Morris

Jul 6, 2017, 1:34:07 PM7/6/17
On 07/06/2017 09:27 AM, Deepa Maheshvare wrote:
Hi Scooter,
Thank you so much for your kind response.I have a set of ~20 reactions.The rate law expression of each reaction is in a separate SBML file.Before I load in cytoscape,should I merge all the individual SBML files into a single file?

Or, can I import all the SBML files into cytoscape and later define the sequence in which the reactions occur ?

Thanks again,
Deepa

Hi Deepa,
    To be honest, I'm not sure.  My suggestion would be to take a look at the app documentation to see how it works.  My guess is that you are going to need to merge the files, but I have no idea if that is, in fact, the case.

-- scooter