Newbie Q: Add name of component to columns of nodes/edges for export?

Lucas Wall

Nov 2, 2017, 8:37:01 PM11/2/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

I am a newbie using Cytoscape and found very helpful that the software allows to automatically identify the subnets (connected components).

But, I need to use that information to study Node and Edge Table metrics separately and outside of Cytoscape.

I'd really like to be able to export the Nodes and Edges Table containing an extra column with the Component Id.

Are there any apps that offer that functionality? Can I use formulas?

Any help, guidance or ideas will be very welcomed!

Thanks,

Lucas

Scooter Morris

Nov 2, 2017, 9:17:59 PM11/2/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lucas,
    I think clusterMaker2 will do that.

-- scooter

lu...@tablelead.com

May 29, 2018, 10:42:20 AM5/29/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Scooter,

I am back working with Cytoscape and tried to solve this connected components (sub-networks) need.

I installed clusterMaker2 and tried the 'Connected Components clusters' tool without much success.

I obtain a __ccCluster column which only contains ones for every node.

I consulted the clusterMaker manual and couldn't find enough information as to how to manipulate the ccClusters settings to get what I need.

Any ideas on what else I could do to get the Connected Component number in a column in the Nodes table?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks!

On 11/02/2017 05:37 PM, Lucas Wall wrote:
Hello,

I am a newbie using Cytoscape and found very helpful that the software allows to automatically identify the subnets (connected components).

But, I need to use that information to study Node and Edge Table metrics separately and outside of Cytoscape.

I'd really like to be able to export the Nodes and Edges Table containing an extra column with the Component Id.

Are there any apps that offer that functionality? Can I use formulas?

Any help, guidance or ideas will be very welcomed!

Thanks,

Lucas Wall

May 30, 2018, 6:02:06 PM5/30/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com, sco...@cgl.ucsf.edu
Hi Scooter,

I tried to post to the help-desk but the message bounced, I'm trying sending this over email. Please, any help will be appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am back working with Cytoscape and tried to solve this connected components (sub-networks) need.

I installed clusterMaker2 and tried the 'Connected Components clusters' tool without much success.

I obtain a __ccCluster column which only contains ones for every node.

I consulted the clusterMaker manual and couldn't find enough information as to how to manipulate the ccClusters settings to get what I need.

Any ideas on what else I could do to get the Connected Component number in a column in the Nodes table?

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----
Lucas E. Wall
CEO & Founder
@TableLead

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Scooter Morris <sco...@cgl.ucsf.edu> wrote:
Hi Lucas,
    I think clusterMaker2 will do that.

-- scooter

On 11/02/2017 05:37 PM, Lucas Wall wrote:
Hello,

I am a newbie using Cytoscape and found very helpful that the software allows to automatically identify the subnets (connected components).

But, I need to use that information to study Node and Edge Table metrics separately and outside of Cytoscape.

I'd really like to be able to export the Nodes and Edges Table containing an extra column with the Component Id.

Are there any apps that offer that functionality? Can I use formulas?

Any help, guidance or ideas will be very welcomed!

Thanks,

Lucas

Scooter Morris

May 30, 2018, 6:51:35 PM5/30/18
to Lucas Wall, cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lucas,
    Can you send me your network?

-- scooter

Lucas Wall

May 30, 2018, 9:49:25 PM5/30/18
to Scooter Morris, cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scooter - Please, see the attached CSV file.

----
Lucas E. Wall
CEO & Founder
@TableLead