Having trouble launching with new version of Java

sdebla...@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2015, 1:55:46 PM2/9/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi All -

Since the new Java 8 update come out, I no longer am able to open up Cytoscape v3.0.2. I keep getting an error JAVA EXE message that says I don't have the right Java platform. Is there a newer version of Cytoscape that is compatiable with Java 8 or do I need to role back to a older Java to run v.3.0.2.

Thanks for the help!

Stacy

Barry Demchak

Feb 9, 2015, 2:02:42 PM2/9/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi ...

Cytoscape 3.0.2 does not work with Java 8.

Best to upgrade to 3.2.0, which does support Java 8. Cytoscape 3.2.0 has lots of improvements, so there's not much (or any) down side to upgrading.

Good luck!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD
: UC San Diego, Department of Medicine