Cutoscape 3.5. crash hs_err_pid*.log

lalli....@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2017, 5:36:38 AM6/11/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,

I am trying to open Cytoscape 3.5.1 with my Macbook, but the software crashes before it opens, a file hs_err_pid*.log is created, which indicates the following error:

Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

I had the same problem with Cytoscape 3.4, but not with the previous versions.

Does somebody can help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

Roberto

Scooter Morris

Jun 15, 2017, 11:00:30 AM6/15/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Roberto,
   Can you look at your ~/CytoscapeConfiguration/3/framework-cytoscape.log file and attach it?  My guess is that something is going wrong with the initialization of OpenCL, but the log file should help us figure that out.

-- scooter