Cytoscape C#.NET Webbrowser (.NET Framework 4.0)

Ralf Gedrat

Jan 28, 2015, 12:45:19 AM1/28/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
I have a question.

Is in the HTML file
<head>
     <script src = "cytoscape.js"> </ script>
</head>

In Internet Explorer 11.0.15 it works fine.
But if I use a C#.NET Web browser (FW 4.0) load the page I get the script error and the error says that in line 10,779 at 13. characters an identifier is expected.

Line 10779: $$. heapfn.delete = function (eles)

I think delete is not defined?!
Do you have any idea how I can fix that Problem?

Max Franz

Feb 12, 2015, 1:47:03 PM2/12/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, if a browser vendor does not support modern web standards properly, then it's very unlikely that you could use Cytoscape.js in that environment.

MS does seem to support their developer tools well, so I suggest you contact their support team on your plan.  I'm sure they can help you file a bug report against their in-IDE browser.

If I were you, I would use a browser outside of the IDE for debugging -- in general and specifically to avoid the issue in your case.  Firefox and Chrome both have excellent debuggers, and I think even relatively new versions of IE should have something fairly comparable.

Thanks for your interest in Cytoscape.js.