Regarding plugin " Motif-Discovery" tutorial.

apoorv....@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2017, 9:14:43 AM8/8/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Sir,

Cytoscape Plugin " Motif-Discovery" does not contain any tutorial about its working nor there is any link to reference paper and unable to find it.

Please provide us one as early as possible

with Regards
Apoorv Gupta

piet molenaar

Aug 8, 2017, 9:35:26 AM8/8/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk, Ahmad Naser eddin
Hi,
Since this is an app for Cytoscape I'm cc-ing one of the authors, they might point you to some tutorials.
Some googling on the terms used on the app page found me this paper on the algorithms used,
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

Ahmad Naser eddin

Aug 8, 2017, 10:12:29 AM8/8/17
to piet molenaar, apoorv....@gmail.com, cytoscape-helpdesk
Dears,
About citation:
There is no publication about the plugin, so I suggest that you cite it as an application and use its URL.
Also you may cite the algorithm that the plugin uses (G-Tries), please find it here:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1774422

About tutorials:
If you mean tutorials for how it works then the algorithm's paper will answer your question.
And if you mean tutorials to use it in fact we don't have yet since it is simple, so if you have any questions regarding its usage please let me know.

Best regards,
Ahmad Naser eddin

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:45 PM, <apoorv....@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

Cytoscape Plugin " Motif-Discovery" does not contain any tutorial about its working nor there is any link to reference paper and unable to find it.

Please provide us one as early as possible

with Regards
Apoorv Gupta

h.buk...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 3:20:11 PM8/13/17