Exporting two column edge list

tlatty

Sep 4, 2017, 3:13:58 AM9/4/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk

I am very new to Cytoscape and have what feels like an easy-to-solve problem. I am using the drag and drop functionality of Cytoscape to build networks (I am basically translating photographs of insect trail networks into Cytoscape representations - this makes it much easier to build the networks). The problem is that I need to export the edge table from Cytoscape into R for further analysis. Cytoscape exports a .csv file that has a column that looks like this:

"Node 5 (undirected) Node 2" <- all in a single column

What I need is either a .csv file that contains either an adjacency matrix or an edge list (where edges are represented as pairs of nodes, with each node in its own column). Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you in advance!

Barry Demchak

Sep 5, 2017, 5:56:57 PM9/5/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi –

One thing you could do would be to control Cytoscape from R directly. The R Cytoscape library seems to import edges the way you’re hoping for. See page 34.

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/manuals/RCy3/man/RCy3.pdf