RE: [cytoscape-helpdesk] cytoscape and exel

Message has been deleted

Barry Demchak

Apr 6, 2016, 10:19:52 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Luis –

It sounds like you’re pretty close. Can you send your Excel file (or a part of it) and let me have a look?

Thanks.

Apr 6, 2016, 10:25:31 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

luis arantes

Apr 6, 2016, 10:26:36 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
this is my exel file table

Registo_Passe_Tipo.xlsx

luis arantes

Apr 6, 2016, 10:27:39 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Registo_Passe_Tipo.xlsx

luis arantes

Apr 6, 2016, 10:29:30 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
this is my exel file table.
Registo_Passe_Tipo.xlsx

luis arantes

Apr 6, 2016, 10:30:32 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
exel file table

Registo_Passe_Tipo.xlsx

luis arantes

Apr 6, 2016, 10:40:18 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Sorry, the original exel file from the guy who try to teach me this has another  table, one of them where we insert passes from who to who. i don't know if this is important or not.

Thank you

Barry Demchak

Apr 6, 2016, 10:40:55 AM4/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Luis –

Your spreadsheet file has three sheets in it … the first one is artful, but cannot be understood by Cytoscape.

To make this easier, I extracted the second sheet into its own spreadsheet file and imported that instead. It worked fine.

Additionally, I used “origem” as the source, “destino” as the destination, and used the Advanced tab to define the edge interaction as “passe”. I think this reflects the structure you’re trying to achieve.

Finally, I allowed your “passe” column to be imported as an edge attribute.

The resulting network is attached.

I think you might then use the Styles tab to make edges thicker when the edge’s “passe” column is higher. I’ll leave the styling to you, though.

This technique would apply to the third sheet in your file, too … I’ll leave that to you if you’re interested.

Best of luck!