Cytoscape App store does not allow citation via DOI

閲覧: 10 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Matthias König

未読、
2016/07/11 6:49:272016/07/11
To: cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,
I wanted to add a citation to an app on the app store, but it is not possible to reference a DOI in the citation field.

The publication is a preprint on biorxiv
http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/07/05/062091
citable via a DOI
http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/062091

It seems the app store allows only PubMed ids as citation, because it does not allow any doi in the citation field.
When I try I get "Whoops! Please fix the fields in red. Once you're done, click Save again."

DOI's should be supported for citation. Often the preprint is available via a DOI for a long period of time while one still has to wait for the publication to get accepted/published.

Matthias

Alexander Pico

未読、
2016/07/11 7:30:512016/07/11
To: cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Sure, we will add this as a future feature request. The current field indeed only supports pubmed IDs. In the meantime, you can include any references, text and links in the main description area of the app page.

 - Alex

Matthias König

未読、
2016/07/12 2:23:322016/07/12
To: cytoscape-helpdesk
Thanks, this is great.
Matthias

On Jul 11, 2016, at 6:49 AM, 'Matthias König' via cytoscape-helpdesk <cytoscape...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I wanted to add a citation to an app on the app store, but it is not possible to reference a DOI in the citation field.

The publication is a preprint on biorxiv
http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/07/05/062091
citable via a DOI
http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/062091

It seems the app store allows only PubMed ids as citation, because it does not allow any doi in the citation field.
When I try I get "Whoops! Please fix the fields in red. Once you're done, click Save again."

DOI's should be supported for citation. Often the preprint is available via a DOI for a long period of time while one still has to wait for the publication to get accepted/published.

Matthias

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送